Tuesday, November 18, 2008

black bean salsa dip

er something....I have a pot luck at work tomorrow....here are my dilemmas....
1. I bought brownies to make and they turned out NOT quite as well as I had hoped.....
2. I am poor and cannot afford to go back to the store and buy something else....
So I was left to rummage through the miscellaneous ingredients that riddled my cupboards and refrigerator...I came up with this....
1 pkg liptons spanish rice
2 cans black beans (rinsed)
1 can whole kernel corn
some homemade salsa
1 container sour cream
some sprinkles of mexican cheese( you know the cheapie stuff)
mix....eat....
I hope it turns out ok....I'll let you know!

4 comments:

pissantONwheels said...

I could see how that would work out, i'm interested to hear the results. Thats funny because i have a potluck at work tomorrow too. I was originally going to make these little mini cheesecake things, but decided to go with being lazy and cheap and am just making those cucumber/rye bread things with cream cheese and dill, the are delicious and easy so it sounded like a winner. I will have to put up the cheesecake things on here sometime, those are good.

Angela said...

I would eat it... Definitely.

sisterlovemoon said...

it sounds like you made up a good recipe for your delima. i have a bake sale on the 29th, have yet to decide what to make or how many things i want to make,and kelly your things sound good too,

serialstar said...

It was a hit! Everyone loved it and wanted the recipe, which was really funny, because I didn't really have one, I just threw stuff together....hmm....who'd have thought...I am a good little cook after all!