Sunday, February 17, 2008

hickory baked chop

ok...for us meat lovers out there...i love pork chops...any time of year...I have found the best way to bake chops in the oven in the off season.

I love to grill, ususally when I grill them I use some pre-soaked hickory wook to bring out the flavor...yum....anyways...the best way to bring out the hickory flavor by baking is by using the hickory smoked bacon slices! You can either bake it on the chop...which, i dont recommend, the bacon is usually hard to eat like that.
Or you can let it soak in the marinade....I use K'masterpiece spicy hickory...doens't have to be spicy,you can also add spice with curry, onion, garlic, sage, bacon slices, little bit of worsterchire sauce, lemon juice, and a splash of any old beer, or white wine....so good....im hungry...

Put them in freezer bags, and let soak in marinade for about 2 hours or so in refrigerator, place in oven and bake. I re-marinade them when almost done with left over mainade.

Good to have with a salad, potato, lately I've been getting into asparagus with meat..good shit yo!!

oh...and the butter i suggest...it rox....it's flieshman's olive oil butter...can get at wal mart...put some on asparagus...have a beer, and watch ANTM and eat the chop..hehe...yay for meat and beer!!!

3 comments:

sisterlovemoon said...

mmm.. i WANT PORK CHOPS RIGHT NOW! YUMMY!

pissantONwheels said...

Meat and beer rules. That sounds really good. I know for me just plain pork chops are not very good unless they are smoked and grilled or uber seasonsed in someway, or stuffed, those are pretty good. I have never tried marinating them before, sounds pretty kickass. You must estimate to me how long and at what temperature you bake them though! Also, what is ANTM?

Sierra said...

the chops!! i usually bake them for about 30minutes...turning them once at about 350...yum..its so tender and yummy!!