Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Spinach, the uber food.

So i have been on a spinach kick lately. I got some frozen spinach and i just thaw out a little bit at a time and put it in stuff. For example, I've been really digging making omelette's with it. I just mix some of the chopped thawed spinach in with the egg and cook it that way, and just put some cheddar cheese in the omelet, and its damn good. To make it healthier i usually only use one yolk, regardless of how many eggs i am using, and just use the whites of the rest.
I also made a pretty good, cheap and simple cracker spread type thing with spinach. I got some fat free cream cheese, and mixed in some spinach, and some diced up carl buddig lunchmeat (i used the beef kind), and threw in a little garlic and onion powder. Its not too shabby, and basically everything in it is low calorie and fat. I also bought some lowfat crackers to eat with it, which aren't near as good as the regular kind, but they are decent if what you're putting on them is good.

On the subject, my mom makes this very kickass spinach artichoke lasagna which i must get the recipe for and put on here.

2 comments:

Sierra said...

uber is the word of the year.

sisterlovemoon said...

um.. i definately want that lasagne recipe!